Name: The University of Idaho Foundation Inc.’s Investment Committee
Assets Under Management: $549.6 Million (Source: University of Idaho Foundation, Inc. on 6/30/2014)
Portfolio Insights: “The University of Idaho (“University”) is a doctoral-research intensive land-grant institution, with the principal responsibility for research and granting Ph.D. degrees in Idaho. The University serves state, national and international communities by providing academic instruction and conducting research that advances fundamental knowledge. In addition to its main campus in Moscow, the University has instructional centers in Coeur d’Alene, Boise, Twin Falls and Idaho Falls as well as research and extension centers located across the state.
The Foundation receives all gifts to the University and transfers gifts to the donor-specified area within the University on a regular schedule. In addition, the Foundation manages the endowment funds in a pooled investment fund, Consolidated Investment Trust (“CIT”), and transfers a Board approved percentage of historical investment earnings to the University on an annual basis.” (Source)
Our team, the Endowment Fund Association (EFA) and Endowments.com is the #1 community and most visited website dedicated to endowment fund professionals. We provide endowment funds with buy-side co-investment and direct investment deal origination services, outsourced chief investment officer selection help, and also provide Endowment 500 research and Endowment Database Solutions.
Top University of Idaho Foundation, Inc. Endowment Fund Headlines:
1) The University of Idaho and the University of Idaho Foundation, Inc., continue to work together to keep administrative and other costs such as marketing, fundraising, and strategic opportunities for promoting the University, as low as possible. Together, we are committed to securing and managing private funds to support the mission of the University of Idaho and its growing impact of our people and programs on our state, region, and nation.
The reality today is that state-supported universities across America have faced a decline in public funding making the role of private support even more critical. In addition, unrestricted or flexible funds are decreasing as private donors target their giving to specific programs of interest. Without private support, it is safe to say that the University of Idaho would not be the leading institution it is today. Simply put, private support enables and empowers the University of Idaho to achieve and inspire excellence. (Source)
2) The University of Idaho Foundation, Inc. was officially established in 1970 to attract private financial support to aid in the achievement of institutional goals, and to manage assets for the maximum benefit of the University of Idaho. It is the largest university foundation in Idaho. The Foundation is a private, non-profit corporation that is a 501 (c)(3). (Source)
3) The University of Idaho Foundation Inc. elected members to its board of directors at the organization’s recent annual meeting. The new directors will add to the current board comprised of leaders from Idaho and around the nation. Their term is for three years.
Richard J. Dahl of Kailua, Hawaii, is CEO of the James Campbell Company LLC, a private, Hawaii-based and nationally diversified real estate company. He serves as chairman of the board of NYSE listed, International Rectifier Corporation. Dahl holds a degree in business and economics, accounting from the University of Idaho.
C. Scott Green of Glen Head, N.Y. is CEO of Pepper Hamilton. He has over 20 years of management, finance, and compliance experience and is an award-winning author. Green holds a bachelor’s degree in business and economics, accounting from the University of Idaho and an MBA from the Harvard Business School.
Mark J. Fredback of Boise, Idaho, is a principal with Pacific Value. He has more than 35 years of investment experience in Idaho. Fredback holds a bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of Idaho. (Source)
4) The mission of The University of Idaho Foundation Inc. is to secure, manage and distribute private support to enhance the growth and development of the University of Idaho. On behalf of the Foundation’s Board of Directors, I am especially pleased to report our continued diligence and success in investing in the future of our students and this great institution. Thank you for your continued and generous giving this past year. I would also like to thank the many accomplished and dedicated Board volunteers who continue to give their time and energy in leading this organization. (Source)
5) The Investment Committee is responsible for managing the investment process in a fiscally responsible and prudent manner with regard to preserving principal while providing reasonable investment returns.
The committee shall establish a policy to include, but not be limited to, selection of acceptable asset classes, allowable ranges of holdings in each asset class and by individual managers as a percent of assets, the determination of acceptable securities within each asset class, and investment performance expectations.
The committee will communicate in formal contracts the policy and performance expectations for each investment manager, and will review investment performance regularly to assure policy compliance. Performance will also be regularly evaluated to judge investment managers. (Source)