Name: University at Buffalo Foundation
Assets Under Management: $624.8 Million (Source: University at Buffalo Foundation, Inc. on 6/30/2014)
Portfolio Insights: “University at Buffalo Foundation, Inc. (UBF) was granted a charter as an education corporation in 1962 by the Board of Regents of the State of New York to promote the education, research, and public service mission of the State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo (University).
UBF consolidates its financial statements with those of its affiliated entities to reflect all activities supporting UBF. The accompanying consolidated financial statements include the accounts of: UBF; UBFA; UBFS; UBF Corporation; FNUB, Inc.; UBFI; and UBFFSH, collectively referred to herein as the “Foundation.” All significant intercompany balances and transactions have been eliminated in consolidation.” (Source)
Our team, the Endowment Fund Association (EFA) and Endowments.com is the #1 community and most visited website dedicated to endowment fund professionals. We provide endowment funds with buy-side co-investment and direct investment deal origination services, outsourced chief investment officer selection help, and also provide Endowment 500 research and Endowment Database Solutions.
Top University at Buffalo Foundation, Inc. Endowment Fund Headlines:
1) University at Buffalo Foundation reflects activities or services administered through the foundation for the benefit of university programs and units, such as continuing education, programs, UB Micro store support, student housing, etc. $56.8 million.
Income-supported activities include self-funding activities operation through state accounts, such as those supported by student fees or user charges. (Source)
2) The University at Buffalo Foundation manages the university’s endowment, with a very successful record of investment returns that provide support for a wide variety of university programs. The UB Foundation is a private, not-for-profit educational corporation that is independent of the state and SUNY in the exercise of its fiduciary responsibilities. Its mission is to support and promote the activities and programs of the university by managing the university’s endowment, providing advice and counsel regarding philanthropy and fundraising, managing gifts and grants on behalf of the university, providing a wide range of financial services, developing and managing real property on behalf of the university and providing a strong base of private-sector support for the university through the foundation’s trustees and directors. The executive director of the UB Foundation works collaboratively with the university’s senior leadership in supporting the university’s priorities. (Source)
3) The mission of the University at Buffalo Foundation, Inc., is to support and promote the activities and programs of the University at Buffalo, State University of New York. This is accomplished by providing advice and counsel regarding philanthropy and fundraising, managing gifts and grants on behalf of the university, providing a wide range of financial services for the various units of the university, developing and managing real property on behalf of the university, and providing a strong base of private-sector support for the university through the foundation’s trustees and directors. (Source)
4) University at Buffalo Foundation – Endowment Portfolio will make new commitments to private real estate funds in the next 12 months. The endowment will invest in two or three funds and will look to commit between $10mn and $15mn. It will consider working with existing fund managers in its portfolio as well as forming new GP relationships. (Source)
5) The University at Buffalo Foundation, Inc. and affiliates (UB Foundation) play an integral role in serving the UB community and fulfilling the overall mission of supporting the University at Buffalo. Each corporation performs a certain set of tasks consistent with its established purpose. The following is a brief summary of the activities of each of the corporations. (Source)