Name: The University of North Carolina at Greensboro Investment Fund, Inc.
Assets Under Management: $223.3 Million (Source: UNC at Greensboro Investment Fund, Inc. on 6/30/2013)
Portfolio Insights: “The University of North Carolina at Greensboro Investment Fund, Incorporated (the Fund) provides the following management discussion and analysis (MD&A) as an overview of the financial activities for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2013. This discussion, along with the following financial statements and related footnote disclosures, have been prepared by management and comprise the Fund’s complete financial report. The financial statements, footnotes and this discussion are the responsibility of management.
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro Investment Fund, Incorporated (the Fund) was formed to consolidate the endowment pool investments of The University of North Carolina at Greensboro Human Environmental Sciences Foundation, Inc., The UNCG Excellence Foundation, Inc. (the affiliated foundations), and The Endowment Fund of The University of North Carolina at Greensboro into one pool. During the 1999 fiscal year, The Alumni Association of The University of North Carolina at Greensboro became a member of the Fund.” (Source)
Our team, the Endowment Fund Association (EFA) and Endowments.com is the #1 community and most visited website dedicated to endowment fund professionals. We provide endowment funds with buy-side co-investment and direct investment deal origination services, outsourced chief investment officer selection help, and also provide Endowment 500 research and Endowment Database Solutions.
Top UNC at Greensboro Investment Fund, Inc. Endowment Fund Headlines:
1) UNCG Alumni have achieved success in countless fields of endeavor. Scientists, healthcare professionals, entrepreneurs and artists alike have built on the strong education they received here by following paths of life-long learning that enable them to pursue innovation and discovery, to solve problems with creativity and critical thinking, and to serve humanity.
Cultivating a lifelong connection between you and your alma mater helps us all grow together. As alumni, you are part of our history and our traditions, and our strongest advocates and supporters. Staying connected also provides you with continued cultural, educational, and relationship-building opportunities. (Source)
2) Destination UNCG is a great opportunity to see the campus, speak with faculty and staff, and much more. The free program is open to all freshmen admitted to the university for Fall 2015. Destination UNCG is designed to help admitted students firm up their decision to attend UNCG. Admitted students have until May 1 to accept the admission offer.
Historically, about 85 percent of freshmen who turn out for Destination UNCG end up attending UNCG, according to Undergraduate Admissions. (Source)
3) Dr. Christine Murray is an associate professor in the Department of Counseling and Educational Development at UNCG. She is a co-founder of the See The Triumph campaign to empower survivors of domestic violence and author of “Responding to Family Violence: A Comprehensive, Research-Based Guide for Therapists.” Murray and Family Violence Research Group members developed Safety Strategies, a domestic violence safety-planning website and booklet for professionals. (Source)
4) As a result of a $6 million gift received from an anonymous donor in February 2009, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro implemented the UNCG Guarantee Program. The 2010-2011 academic year marked the beginning of this prestigious program. (Source)
5) Dr. Cathy Hamilton, director of UNCG’s Office of Leadership and Service-Learning, appeared on “NC Now” Thursday to discuss the university’s commitment to service-learning and how UNCG students serve the greater community. Hamilton spoke about UNCG’s focus on reciprocal and mutually-enhancing community partnerships that give students hands on, real-word experiences. (Source)