Name: Stonehill College, Inc.
Assets Under Management: $327.3 Million (Source: Stonehill College, Inc. on 6/30/2011)
Portfolio Insights: “Stonehill College, Inc. (the “College”) was founded in 1948 by members of the Congregation of Holy Cross. It is an independent, undergraduate, church-related institution in Easton, Massachusetts and offers Bachelor’s degrees in the Arts and Sciences.
Investments are recorded at fair value. The value of securities listed on a national exchange is based upon quoted market prices and net asset values. The value of securities that represent interests in partnerships or other nonmarketable securities for which there are no market quotations available are valued by the managers of those entities and reviewed by management. The majority of a lternative investments are carried at estimated fair value provided by the management of the alternative investment partnerships or funds as of June 30, 2011 and 2010.” (Source)
Our team, the Endowment Fund Association (EFA) and Endowments.com is the #1 community and most visited website dedicated to endowment fund professionals. We provide endowment funds with buy-side co-investment and direct investment deal origination services, outsourced chief investment officer selection help, and also provide Endowment 500 research and Endowment Database Solutions.
Top Stonehill College, Inc. Endowment Fund Headlines:
1) Stonehill College is located in the City of Easton in the State of Massachusetts. The College is a Catholic institution of higher learning founded by the Congregation of Holy Cross, is a community of scholarship and faith, anchored by a belief in the inherent dignity of each person. (Source)
2) Stonehill College, a Catholic institution of higher learning founded by the Congregation of Holy Cross, is a community of scholarship and faith, anchored by a belief in the inherent dignity of each person.
Through its curriculum of liberal arts and sciences and pre-professional programs, Stonehill College provides an education of the highest caliber that fosters critical thinking, free inquiry and the interchange of ideas.
Stonehill College educates the whole person so that each Stonehill graduate thinks, acts, and leads with courage toward the creation of a more just and compassionate world. (Source)
3) The Vice President for Finance and Treasurer manages the College’s budget and endowment and also has responsibility for overseeing, information technology, auxiliary services, accounting, campus police and facilities management. (Source)
4) The Office of the President oversees the College’s six main divisions: Academic Affairs, Advancement, Enrollment Management and Marketing, Finance, Mission, and Student Affairs. Stonehill College is led by a Board of Trustees and its corporate affairs are managed by a president, treasurer, and clerk. (Source)
5) Opened in 1988, the Sally Blair Ames Sports Complex was designed to serve 1,930 students. Today, it serves 2,500 students. In addition, student participation in club and intramural sports has skyrocketed, which means the Sports Complex needs more space and an upgrade in facilities.
A new addition to the Sports Complex will add 50,000 square feet for athletics, health, fitness and exercise. Sasaki Associates has been selected as the project’s architect while Bond Brothers will build the addition and renovation. (Source)