Name: Saint Louis University
Assets Under Management: $1.40 Billion (Source: Saint Louis University on 6/30/2012)
Portfolio Insights: “Saint Louis University (University), founded in 1818, is a coeducational institution offering undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of curricula and professional degree programs in medicine, law, business, social work, allied health, nursing, and advanced dentistry.
In addition to its higher education mission, the University devotes substantial resources, facilities and personnel to providing health care services in conjunction with the academic programs offered by the University at the Medical Center. The University operates physician practices staffed by the faculty of the University’s School of Medicine. The members of the faculty of the School of Medicine who provide medical services are referred to collectively as the “University Medical Group” and are marketed under the name “SLU Care”. (Source)
Our team, the Endowment Fund Association (EFA) and Endowments.com is the #1 community and most visited website dedicated to endowment fund professionals. We provide endowment funds with buy-side co-investment and direct investment deal origination services, outsourced chief investment officer selection help, and also provide Endowment 500 research and Endowment Database Solutions.
Top Saint Louis University Endowment Fund Headlines:
1) Saint Louis University has a $1 million seed grant program, available to faculty and students, for research focused on innovation in sustainability. The university purchases exclusively Energy Star appliances, as well as some paper products made from postconsumer recycled content. All computers, monitors, and displays meet EPEAT standards. (Source)
2) Saint Louis University has transformed its retirement plans with nearly $1 billion in assets without hiring consultants and without issuing RFPs. Changes include reducing the number of investment options by more than 90%, reducing the number of record keepers by 75% and saving what the university anticipates will be $540,000 in plan costs annually. The university began offering its new investment lineup in early December under the sole administration of TIAA-CREF, New York. Now, the university’s $593.7 million 403(b) plan and its $404.9 million 401(a) plan have 27 investment options instead of the 360 that school official say were far too many for participants to evaluate. (Source)
3) Reports that the Saint Louis University endowment fund has increased its equity allocation fund. Details on the status of the fund; Reference to some of the interviews being conducted. (Source)
4) Saint Louis University (also known as SLU) is a private, co-educational Jesuit university located in St. Louis, Missouri. Founded in 1818 by Louis Guillaume Valentin Dubourg, SLU is the oldest university west of the Mississippi River. It is one of 28 member institutions of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities. The university is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. The university’s endowment is currently $750 million. SLU’s athletic teams compete in NCAA’s Division I and the Atlantic 10 Conference. It has a current enrollment of 13,313 students representing all 50 states and more than 75 foreign countries. (Source)
5) The Docket Restaurant, a new addition at street level, features flexible seating for individual and group dining experiences and is open to the public. The building represents a $32 million investment in Saint Louis University and the city of St. Louis. Now standing 12 stories tall, with the upper floor featuring 20-foot ceilings, the exterior cornice was pre-fabricated and erected in 20-foot sections. Scott Hall features the latest in classroom functionality with cutting-edge audio/visual equipment, hearing assistance and multipurpose spaces. (Source)