Name: Regent’s University Investment Office
Assets Under Management: $308.9 Million (Source: Regent University on 6/30/2014)
Portfolio Insights: “Regent University (the University) is a nonstock, nonprofit educational institution established in 1977. The University is accredited by the Southern association of Colleges and Schools.
Regent’s endowment consists of approximately 116 individual funds established for variety of purposes including both donor-restricted endowment funds and funds designed by the Board to function as endowments. Net assets associated with endowment funds, including funds designed by the Board to function as endowments, are classified and reported based on the existence or absence of donor-imposed restrictions.” (Source)
Our team, the Endowment Fund Association (EFA) and Endowments.com is the #1 community and most visited website dedicated to endowment fund professionals. We provide endowment funds with buy-side co-investment and direct investment deal origination services, outsourced chief investment officer selection help, and also provide Endowment 500 research and Endowment Database Solutions.
Top Regent University Endowment Fund Headlines:
1) After graduating with his undergraduate degree, Mr. Dean Wooten worked as a senior auditor for Deloitte Haskins and Sells in Oklahoma, where he audited Fortune 500 companies and non-profit organizations. He worked several years as the controller for a recycling firm in Texas before moving to Virginia to study at Regent and eventually work as an employee. In his 15 years with the university, Mr. Wooten has advanced from his role as Regent’s accounting manager to controller and now vice president for finance.
Mr. Wooten is a Certified Public Accountant. He is also a member of the Association of Business Administrators of Christian Colleges, the National Association of College and University Business Officers, and the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants.
He earned his MBA at Regent University and was awarded a B.S. in Accounting by Oral Roberts University. (Source)
2) Regent University College of Science and Technology is playing a leading role in preparing graduates who will rise to the scientific challenges of the 21stcentury, to offer new insights into long standing problems, and power the economy of Ghana with technological skills.
The University has been established to educate and enlighten a community of learners at a distinctive cutting edge African Christian University that is dedicated to preparing purpose-driven human resources in science and technology application for holistic socio- economic development and spiritual renewal. Recognizing its particular responsibility toward the African continent, Regent-Ghana seeks to be one of the leading private universities on the continent providing well-rounded educational opportunities, especially in the areas of science and technology application through high quality ICT-driven teaching, learning and research. (Source)
3) Regent University is an educational institution that offers associate’s, undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate programs in law, leadership, business, psychology, counseling, communication, arts, divinity, education, and government. The schools of the university include School of Undergraduate Studies and seven graduate schools: School of Communication & the Arts, School of Divinity, School of Education, School of Global Leadership & Entrepreneurship, Robertson School of Government, School of Law, and School of Psychology & Counseling. Additionally, it provides online learning services. Regent University was founded in 1977 and is based in Virginia Beach, Virginia. It has endowment assets worth $325.5 millions. (Source)
4) Beverly Brown is fairly new to the Regent University community, having only been appointed to the Board of Trustees in October 2011, but her newness is masked by vision and support. Brown has recently established an endowment fund for Regent that will serve the Youth and Urban Renewal Center (YURC) and the Center for Latino Leadership (CLL), allowing each center to help further the education of at-risk students.
“I am thrilled to be contributing to the great work that Regent is doing in the Latino and urban communities,” says Brown. “My prayer is that this endowment will help Regent’s centers fulfill their God-given mission to engage our culture and to reach and uplift our young people to bring them together in the unity of Christ’s Spirit for His glory.” (Source)
5) Regent is a fully accredited graduate university that offers degrees in business, communication & the arts, divinity, education, government, law, organizational leadership and psychology & counseling. In addition, Regent offers a bachelor’s degree completion program. Regent University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the bachelor’s, master’s and doctor’s degrees, and has enrollment of over 4,000 students. In addition to the main campus in Virginia Beach, Regent offers programs online via their Worldwide Campus. (Source)