Name: Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
Assets Under Management: $574 Million (Source: Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education on 6/30/2013)
Annual Report: Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education June 30, 2013
Portfolio Insights: “This discussion and analysis of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education (the Regents) financial statements provides an overview of the Regents’ financial performance during the year ended June 30, 2013. Since the Management’s Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) is designed to focus on current activities, resulting changes, and current known facts, please read it in conjunction with the Regents’ basic financial statements and the footnotes. Comparative analysis of financial data is presented along with an explanation of significant changes.” (Source)
Our team, the Endowment Fund Association (EFA) and Endowments.com is the #1 community and most visited website dedicated to endowment fund professionals. We provide endowment funds with buy-side co-investment and direct investment deal origination services, outsourced chief investment officer selection help, and also provide Endowment 500 research and Endowment Database Solutions.
Top Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education Endowment Fund Headlines:
1) Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, Oklahoma City, committed $5 million to EnCap Flatrock Midstream Fund III for its $661 million endowment trust fund, said spokeswoman Angela Caddell. The private equity fund provides growth capital to the midstream oil and gas industry. The endowment invested in the predecessor fund, Ms. Caddell said. (Source)
2) Monies provided for matching purposes may not be drawn from regularly allocated funds from the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, proceeds of fees or charges authorized by the State Regents for Higher Education, or from federal grants or reimbursements. In instances where the qualifications of all or a portion of the amount of matching monies are questionable, the institution shall request express approval of the State Regents to apply that amount toward the matching requirement. (Source)
3) Southwestern Oklahoma State University’s Department of Engineering Technology in Weatherford will benefit from a generous $250,000 gift from Winnie Ola Berrong (second from left) of Weatherford. Accepting the gift on behalf of the SWOSU Foundation is SWOSU President Randy Beutler. Berrong’s two living sons-Ed Jr. (left) and Brad (right)-were also at the presentation. The gift will be used to establish an endowed fund known as the Ed & Winnie Ola Berrong Chair for Engineering Technology. The fund will be placed in the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education queue for a $250,000 match by the State of Oklahoma through the Endowed Chairs program, which would make the fund total $500,000. The late Ed Berrong is shown in the picture behind Winnie Ola. (Source)
4) In March 1998, the Enid Public Higher Education Authority and the Enid Economic Development Authority transferred $2.5 million to the Northwestern Foundation for the establishment of 10 endowed chairs to support faculty positions at the Enid Campus. Those funds were then matched by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education through a program established by the Oklahoma Legislature to create a $5 million endowment.
“In the history of the Endowed Chair Program, there is no other example of community support for a University that matches the partnership between Enid and Northwestern,” said Dr. Janet Cunningham, president of Northwestern. “There were many leaders with vision who understood that investing in the future of public higher education in Enid through Northwestern would benefit this city in countless ways. (Source)
5) State Farm representatives Rendi Black and John Wiscaver presented a $25,000 check that will be matched by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education to establish the State Farm Lectureship Endowment. Proceeds from the endowment will fund guest speakers and special events on the topic of business. (Source)