Name: Florida State University Foundation
Assets Under Management: $619.7 Million (Source: Florida State University Foundation on 6/30/2014)
Portfolio Insights: “The Florida State University Foundation (“Foundation”) was organized to aid the advancement of The Florida State University (“University” or “FSU”) and its objectives and purposes.
The financial statements include certain prior-year summarized comparative information in total, but not by net asset class. Such information does not include sufficient detail to constitute a presentation in conformity with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States.” (Source)
Our team, the Endowment Fund Association (EFA) and Endowments.com is the #1 community and most visited website dedicated to endowment fund professionals. We provide endowment funds with buy-side co-investment and direct investment deal origination services, outsourced chief investment officer selection help, and also provide Endowment 500 research and Endowment Database Solutions.
Top Florida State University Foundation Endowment Fund Headlines:
1) The Florida State University Foundation is governed by an elected Board of Trustees, whose members serve as advocates for the university, its colleges, programs and units. Trustees may serve two three-year terms of appointment, subject to the approval by the University President, the Trusteeship Committee and the endorsement of the general Foundation Board of Trustees. Trustees come from a wide array of professions, many lifestyles and various locations across Florida and the country. They are committed to building successful partnerships with the university and its many generous supporters. (Source)
2) “The Florida State University Foundation, Inc. enhances the academic vision and priorities of FSU through its organized fundraising activities and funds management. The Foundation, a non-profit corporation established in 1960, is governed by an elected Board of Trustees, whose members serve as advocates for the University and its colleges, schools and programs.” (Source)
3) The Florida State University Foundation, Inc. is the fund-raising and private support programs of the University. Foundation revenues include unrestricted and restricted gifts and grants, rental income, and investment in come. Foundation expenditures include scholarship distributions to students, departmental faculty and staff development support, various memorials and class projects, departmental research, and administrative costs of the Foundation’s development program. (Source)
4) The university and the Florida State University Foundation aim to optimize investment return and have not made any public statements about investigating or investing in renewable energy funds or community development loan funds. The university and the Florida State University Foundation have no known policy of disclosure of endowment holdings or its shareholder voting record. (Source)
5) Florida State University Foundation Inc., Tallahassee, is conducting shortlist searches for a hedge-fund-of-funds manager and a REIT manager to run a total of $45 million, said Tammy J. Lavine, investment coordinator. Both are new allocations for the $300 million endowment. Selections are expected by the end of the year, she said. The portfolio sizes have not yet been decided. Funding will come from reducing the fund’s equity allocation to 60% of total assets, from 65%, and cutting fixed income by 10 percentage points to 25%. (Source)