Name: Investment – Chapman University
Assets Under Management: $272.2 Million (Source: Chapman University on 5/31/2013)
Portfolio Insights: Chapman University and Affiliates report of annual consolidated financial performance is provided here for your consideration. Chapman University and Brandman University had another year of strong operating results. Chapman’s academic programs continue to create tremendous student demand, and Brandman’s new programs are creating momentum for its financial performance.
These Financial Statements reflect the consolidated financial activities of both Chapman University and Brandman University. Fiscal 2012-13 marked the fifth year of operations for Chapman University’s independent affiliate, Brandman University. (Source)
Our team, the Endowment Fund Association (EFA) and Endowments.com is the #1 community and most visited website dedicated to endowment fund professionals. We provide endowment funds with buy-side co-investment and direct investment deal origination services, outsourced chief investment officer selection help, and also provide Endowment 500 research and Endowment Database Solutions.
Top Chapman University Endowment Fund Headlines:
1) Christine and Lon Cross visited Chapman University for the first time recently and were taken by the campus’ beauty, the friendliness of faculty and staff, and students’ devotion to learning.
That’s when the couple decided to leave their legacy at the university: On Friday, the university announced the couple would commit $10 million to Chapman to fund need-based scholarships.
“We met many wonderful students who told us the effect scholarships had on their lives,” said Christine Cross, 65. “A Chapman education is too important and too valuable to be available only to those who have the means to attend.” (Source)
2) Sep 29, 2005 – Chapman University has announced plans for a new institute on its Orange campus to study emerging real estate trends, funded with a $10-million endowment from local developer Roger C. Hobbs. The Roger C. Hobbs Institute for Real Estate, Law and Environmental Studies will seek to place the building trade in context with issues that affect it, said Hobbs, who will also teach at the institute. “We’re really talking about things that past developers said they didn’t have to deal with,” he said. (Source)
3) Northern Trust announced that it was named global custodian for the endowment fund of Chapman University in Orange, California. Northern Trust will provide custody and related services to the fund (see also Northern Trust Corporation).
“We are pleased to partner with the prestigious firm of Northern Trust,” said Harold Hewitt, Jr., Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer for Chapman University. “Northern Trust has a high-quality national reputation and we look forward to benefiting from its superior service.” (Source)
4) Aug 16, 2013 – Chapman University in Orange, California, has announced a $55 million endowment gift from real estate developer Dale Fowler and his wife, Sarah Ann, to its law school, which will be renamed the Dale E. Fowler School of Law.
The gift, believed to be the second largest ever made to a law school in the United States, will enable the school to hire additional faculty and make tuition more affordable for more students. A Chapman alumnus, Fowler began his real estate career while finishing his college studies and built a successful business in industrial property development. (Source)
5) Chapman University’s mission is to provide personalized education of distinction that leads to inquiring, ethical and productive lives as global citizens. Chapman University’s mission is to provide personalized education of distinction that leads to inquiring, ethical and productive lives as global citizens. (Source)