Name: Caltech Investment Office
Assets Under Management: $2 Billion (Source: California Institute of Technology, 2014)
Annual Report: California Institute of Technology Endowment Fund
Portfolio Insights: “The Investment Office oversees the Institute’s investment-management activities. The Investment Office manages over $2 billion of endowment, trust and other assets, including real estate.
The investment management team and the Institute’s Board of Trustee Investment Committee’s goal is to provide increased support for the Institute’s academic and research programs through excellence in its investment management.” (Source)
Our team, the Endowment Fund Association (EFA) and Endowments.com is the #1 community and most visited website dedicated to endowment fund professionals. We provide endowment funds with buy-side co-investment and direct investment deal origination services, outsourced chief investment officer selection help, and also provide Endowment 500 research and Endowment Database Solutions.
Top California Institute of Technology Endowment Fund and Caltech Investment Office Headlines:
1) The California Institute of Technology Investment Office has adopted AIM by Application Experts to track fund managers and each associated fund under those managers. Caltech is using AIM across several different asset classes including real assets, private equity, and absolute returns and applying a multi-investing approach in each class.
The Caltech Investment Office oversees the institution’s investment-management activities and manages close to $1.7 billion of endowment, trust and other assets, including real estate. The investment management team and the Institute’s Board of Trustee Investment Committee’s goal is to provide increased support for the Institute’s academic and research programs through excellence in its investment management. (Source)
2) The California Institute of Technology has a revolving loan fund that draws money from the endowment to fund energy efficiency projects. The Sustainability Council has implemented a new campus-wide recycling and composting system, a rebate system for fuel-efficient vehicles, and a campus sustainability guide, among other initiatives. The custodial department purchases exclusively recycled paper products and green cleaning products. (Source)
3) California Institute of Technology is a private institution that was founded in 1891. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 977, its setting is suburban, and the campus size is 124 acres. It utilizes a quarter-based academic calendar. California Institute of Technology’s ranking in the 2015 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, 10. Its tuition and fees are $43,362 (2014-15).
Caltech, which focuses on science and engineering, is located in Pasadena, California, approximately 11 miles northeast of Los Angeles. Social and academic life at Caltech centers on the eight student houses, which the school describes as “self-governing living groups.” Student houses incorporate an admired Caltech tradition: dinners served by student waiters. Only freshmen are required to live on campus, but around 80 percent of students remain in their house for all four years. The Caltech Beavers have a number of NCAA Division III teams that compete in the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. Integral to student life is the Honor Code, which dictates that “No member of the Caltech community shall take unfair advantage of any other member of the Caltech community.” (Source)
4) Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering research and education institution, where extraordinary faculty and students seek answers to complex questions, discover new knowledge, lead innovation, and transform our future. Caltech’s mission is to expand human knowledge and benefit society through research integrated with education. We investigate the most challenging, fundamental problems in science and technology in a singularly collegial, interdisciplinary atmosphere, while educating outstanding students to become creative members of society. (Source)
5) California Institute of Technology is an educational institution offering graduate and undergraduates programs. Its focuses on areas such as biology; chemistry and chemical engineering; engineering and applied science; geological and planetary sciences; humanities and social sciences; physics, mathematics and astronomy; interdisciplinary programs; and intra-divisional areas of study. California Institute of Technology was established in 1891 and is based in Pasadena, California. The university has endowment assets worth $1.83 billion. (Source)